Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekly Workouts: March 3-9

It's taper week!  I have my first race of the season--a 1/2 marathon-- on March 10th, so this week I need to scale back the running a wee bit.  I never really do a taper for 1/2 marathons, but I am going to take it a little easy and save my legs for the big day.  The plan is to do extra yoga and some easy runs.

Sunday:
I had to work, so I walked four miles there and back.  While at work, I had to assemble cafe tables for an event, as well and walk back and forth 100+ times in the hallway.  Plus, standing for six hours is really hard!  I haven't had a job that required that much standing since High School. but I remember how much my feet used to hurt back then.

Monday:
Had to get up early and drive BF to Boston to the airport, so no morning run for me, but I made it back in time for Bikram at 10am.

Tuesday:
Rest Day.  My feet are still a bit sore from all that standing on Sunday.  I'm so delicate.

Wednesday:
Easy 4 miles before work--no watch.  Unfortunately, it was also a quiet 4 miles since my headphones have shorted out and only make sound in one ear.  I've ordered a replacement pair from Amazon that may be here by the end of the week, otherwise I'm likely to spend Friday running around trying to find a pair in the stores (I'm kind of picky about headphones--I suspect I have weirdly-shaped ears).  I really, really don't want to run 13 miles with no music.

Thursday:
Six treadmill miles while watching The Biggest Loser.  I had comp time from work since I went in on Sunday, so I managed a late afternoon Bikram class as well! Now, no more running until the race on Sunday.

Friday:
Tapering!  12pm Bikram class followed by errand running and cooking of this recipe: Savory Breakfast Muffins with Quinoa.

Saturday:
A whole lot of nothing.  I planned to go to yoga in the early morning before work, but I didn't.

Weekly Stats:
10 miles
2 Bikram classes
0 Cross Training

No comments:

Post a Comment