Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekly Workouts: March 17-23

This week included the first day of spring, but also the laziest week I've had in a long time.  I think I needed it and it seemed like the universe was arranging itself to drive that point home.  Since my next race is only a 10k and not until April 7, I should take it east when I have the chance, right? Yes.

Sunday:
Supposed to be my long run day and I had 11 miles on the schedule, but I've just been feeling run-down and sluggish.  I managed 4.5 at a 9:13 pace, but my tummy was feeling off, so I packed it in early.  Doing a shorter run though gave me time to go to yoga, so that's something.

Monday:
The usual Monday morning yoga class.  I also wanted to do my usual 4 miles before yoga, but it was 20 degrees out, and I talked myself out of it.  I just can't take it with this cold anymore.  Also, my back was sore and my tummy upset, wah, wah, wah.

Tuesday:
Walked to work, two miles in slush and sogginess, then planned on going to evening Barre class, but the studio lost power.  I could have worked out at home, but I read a book instead and have no regrets.

Wednesday:
Nothing.  Not a thing.  We got another dumping of snow, it's cold and wet and everyone is cranky--myself included. I planned to run before work, but just can't take the treadmill first thing in the morning.  Dinner plans with a friend after work means that today is an unofficial rest day.  This week is just going to be a light week, and that's fine with me.

Thursday:
What an excellent morning for a run!  We had lousy weather at the beginning of the week, but thankfully most of the snow melted and Thursday dawned with a delightful 32 degrees and sunny.  I bundled up and headed outside for the first time in more than a week. Five miles 9:03/mile pace--just a good run.  I pushed myself, but not crazy-like and just came home feeling fantastic.  I love you, endorphins!!  Defrosted with a Bikram class afterward.

Friday:
Mandatory staff meeting means I have to come to work on my day off.  Sure, I get comp time and bagels for breakfast, but it's still annoying.  I did a zWOD before the meeting:

And, as usual, it was brutal.  I need to work up to regular pushups because doing modified pushups and modified burpees is killing my knees!

Saturday:
Nothing, a whole lot of nothing.

Weekly Totals:
9.5 Miles
3 Bikram Classes
1 Cross-Training

This week's power songs: Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada.  
The video is pretty ridiculous, as are the lyrics, but it really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment