Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekly Workouts: April 7-13

Sunday:
Race day dawned cold and windy.  It was a tough race--really tough.  It's funny because I always get cocky since 10k is basically a distance I run twice a week, but the hills, oh the hills!  Full race report coming soon, but though I'm glad I did it, it still kicked my ass.

Monday:
Usual Monday morning yoga + cleaning the yoga studio.  My back was super sore from shivering my way through Sunday's 10k, so the hot room felt extra nice.

Tuesday:
Biked to work and back--4 miles, and then went to a 7pm Barre class.  It is amazing how much your muscles can burn with just 2 pound weights. I was dripping, but it felt really good.  Also, when I was biking home, the road was all clogged up with bus and car traffic--but not for me.  I just scoot, scoot, scoot along the side of the road and make it home faster than if I drove #winning.
Not me, but this is how it feels
Wednesday:
I set out for a 4 mile run before work, but cut it short at 2.25 miles.  I don't know if I ate something I shouldn't have yesterday, of if it's just the curse of womanhood, but I had a side stitch I couldn't outrun and my legs just felt heavy.  That could be from the brutal Barre class though.  Either way, I know when to say stop, so I stopped and I don't regret it at all.  I followed that with an after work yoga class to steam out those muscle cramps.

Thursday:
Four miles in the morning with no watch on.  I'm trying to take it easy with the running because of that stupid knee ache, but I'll get back into it again next week with more vigor. Biked to work and back 4 miles.

Friday:
Rest day

Saturday:
Four miles in the morning and then off to work.  I need to go for longer runs, but I just haven't had the time this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment