Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekly Workouts: Feb 17-23

I shredded
Sunday:
I had to postpone my Sunday long run because I had work this afternoon.  Running nine miles and then going to work may work for some people, but I'm just too concerned with how my stomach will react to chance it.  Thankfully, tomorrow is President's Day, so I'll just do it then.  Instead of a run, I did the Level 1 workout in Jillian Michael's Shred it With Weights --she's just all about shredding, eh?

It wasn't difficult, but I did get sweaty. This one isn't my favorite, but I'll try Level 2 and see if I like that better.

Monday:
Regular Monday morning yoga  and planned to follow it with my long run.  Instead, I totally got hit by the yoga bus in class and cut my run short.  Since it was a holiday, and the yoga studio is doing a Groupon, the 10am, which usually has ~20 people in it had 48.  Lots of hot bodies makes the room extra hot and my face extra red.  Afterward, I had a bit of food and got on the treadmill, but only managed to pound out 3.5 miles instead of the 9 I had planned.  Shit happens, and I'll try to make it up later, but I'm not going to beat myself up.

Tuesday:
Rest day.  Walked to and from work 4 miles.

Wednesday:
I've been having a really hard time getting my run in before work.  I keep oversleeping, the sidewalks in my neighborhood are still a mess, and I just can't bear the thought of the treadmill first thing in the morning.  Whine, whine, whine.  This morning, I slept in, did not do my 4 miles, and sentenced myself to an after work Bikram class as punishment.

Thursday:
10k on the treadmill.  I was just going to do six miles, but then I was like why not do a 10k? I have my annual Jamestown Bridge 10k in April, and I never really time myself at that distance.  Since I'm obsessed with having whole numbers in my mileage log, I never do a race distance run as part of my regular training.  So this is all just a long explanation for why I ran 6.2 miles instead of 6.  Started out slowish and pushed the pace in the middle winding up with 6.2 miles in 56:16. 

Friday:
Lazy day off.  I had a run planned, butI got caught up making phone calls in the morning, and then just didn't feel like it.  Evening yoga class.

Saturday:
Ran outside!  They're predicting a rain/ snow mix for later today, but at 7:30am it was perfect out.  I set out planning to run at least 4 miles, but ended up doing 6.  There were tons of other runners out and that always give me a bit of a boost--especially when I pass people.  Solidarity head nods all over the place!

Weekly stats:
15.5 Miles
3 Yoga Classes
1 Crosstrain

This week's power song is Throw it on Me by Timbaland, featuring The Hives




No comments:

Post a Comment